Unlocking Iphone 3g with baseband 5.14.02

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by starheroz, Dec 3, 2010.

1. starheroz macrumors newbie

My iphone 3g has 3.1.2 firmware with baseband 5.14.02. I looked at the sticky iphone fact and it not suppose to have this baseband and I have no idea why. I'm trying to unlocking it and ultrasn0w doesn't work. Anybody have any idea that can help me out ?

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Ultrasn0w doesn't work on 5.14.02. If you have to have an unlock you'll need to put that crazy iPad modem firmware on your phone and you'll probably lose your GPS. There are a couple threads here on how to do this.

3. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

You can also do a search for "Dev Team blog" and you'll find this:

Update #2: The new redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 is out. It gives both Windows and OSX users the ability to flash the iPad 06.15 baseband on iPhone3G or iPhone3GS. It fetches the baseband files directly from Apple for now (the only IPSW you ever point it at is the stock IPSW for the FW on your iPhone right now). There may be a long delay while it’s doing this (their servers are currently getting pounded).

* OSX
    * Windows (Windows 7 and Vista users, please run redsn0w as Administrator in “XP Compatiblity Mode”)

If you do flash your baseband via redsn0w, please keep it plugged into USB the whole time. You don’t want your battery to die during the flash process!

4. starheroz thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm pretty new to this and that method sound hard. Would it be easier if I upgrade to 4.2.1 firmware and JB and UL ?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Since you're new to the jailbreak/unlock scene, I'd suggest on waiting for another unlock method. The new 4.2.1 jailbreak/unlock will confuse you even more.

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Did you get the phone used? Only way to get the firmware and baseband combo is if someone updated the firmware to 4.1 which also updated the baseband to 5.14. And, then, they downgraded to 3.1.2, but baseband can't downgrade. Thus, 3.1.2 firmware & 5.14 baseband.

7. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

It sounds hard because you're lazy and skimmed the instructions. Redsn0w is so ****ing easy, my computer illiterate grandmother can do it, and she's blind.