Unlocking iphone 3GS on Vodafone UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lindat, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Lindat macrumors member

I am interested in purchasing an iphone 3GS, currently locked to a Vodafone network. How easy is it to get this unlocked to take any SIM card and are there any disadvantages to me buying this compared to a factory unlocked phone? There is no vodafone network where I live (C.I.). I do not wish to jailbreak the phone, just unlock. I've checked online, but I can't see anything for Vodafone. Thanks.

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

do you live in the uk, or are you looking to buy in the uk and then take it to where you live? where is c.i ?

what network are you looking to put it on?

edit: is it the channel islands?

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

According to Apple's site, only O2 and Orange offer unlocking. Is there a specific reason that you want a Vodafone one?

And CI is Channel Islands :)

4. Lindat thread starter macrumors member

It was a guy selling one on ebay, and he said after googling a bit, that he thought it could be unlocked. So I googled to check and I couldn't find any evidence to say this was the case. And you have confirmed this. Thanks guys. And yes, C.I. is Channel Islands.

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

yeah vodafone doesn't unlock at the moment, but all the the others (o2, orange and even tesco mobile) do.