Unlocking iPhone 4 after Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NttDocomo, Mar 14, 2011.

1. NttDocomo macrumors member

Hi everyone, first of all thank you very much for all the help earlier for jailbreaking my iPhone 4.

Now I am trying to unlock it but I wonder if the iPhone I got can be unlocked. I bought 2 iPhone 2 months ago and it came with 4.2.1. The one I got has a part no. MC608LL/A with serial no. starting 88050HL, but the one my wife got has part no. MC318LL/A with serial no. starting 80049C5.

Just wonder if anyone knows if these iPhones can be unlocked? I tried looking around in the forum and found that even an iPhone 4.2.1 can be jailbroken doesn't mean it can be unlocked as it depends when the iPhone was purchased. Thanks for helping me out again and hope to unlock these devices. :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The iphone 4 with official firmware 4.1, 4.2.1 and 4.3 cannot be unlocked at the moment.
    Older firmware versions with 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 only can be unlocked.

3. NttDocomo, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Applejuiced, so basically anyone who've got an iPhone since Dec 2010 cannot have the iPhone unlocked even until now?

Is there any hope on having it unlocked? I would like to travel aboard soon so the reason to unlock the devices. Thanks.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Pretty much bro.
    They were working on an unlock for the i4 but hit a roadblock so not sure on the progress. But I hope they get one soon.

5. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks again Applejuiced.

I also searched around and found that some people were able to port the iPad baseband to iPhone 4 and allow the iPhone 4 to be unlocked even if the phone originally came with the new baseband of 4.2.1. Is there some unofficial trick we can try to unlock the phone? Just wonder what I can do at the mean time?

although it seems hopeless but still want to see if there's anything to tweak so to make my non-1.59 baseband phone to work with other carriers. Thanks again.:)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, that's only for iPhone 3G and 3GS.
    No options for the i4 at the moment. I would have mentioned it if there was any alternatives but nothing right now.

7. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much Applejuiced, I will just wait patiently until there's more news in this forum, thanks again. :)

8. lengjaimarco macrumors newbie

hey applejuiced
    i was wondering
    i have ann iphone 4 which i just upgraded to 4.3 because i thought then i could jb and unlock
    and now that i know 4.3 cant be unlocked
    can i downgrade it ???
    to an older version then unlock it?
    if so which version should i download to?and can i please have a link?
    thank you very much :)

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

The answer is No and I think you are pretty much stuck with this for awhile until the new jailbreak comes out, and hopefully the update unlock. By the way, what the baseband on your phone now since you have 4.3 installed?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like CRX said you can't downgrade the baseband so even if you could downgrade the firmware thru shsh blobs you cannot unlock yet.
    You're in the waiting line like the OP:)

11. balu025 macrumors newbie

how to unlock iphone 4

Hi all, i bought Iphone 4 frm US, now i am india. I used Limera1n to jailbroken, i done succesfully, after that to unlock try to unlock by using Cydia, but unable to do that, because my phone didn't get wi-fi, cause i am try to use Indian sim, it cann't recognized. So pls, help me how to unlock without Wi-fi.
    Thanks

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What's your modem firmware version. That will depend if u can unlock it or not. How hard is it to find a wifi to connect to in India?

13. balu025 macrumors newbie

firmware is 1.59.00

my model firmware is 1.59.00, version is 4.0.1

14. balu025 macrumors newbie

I cann't get wi-fi, because my iphone doesn't recognize indian sim card, it only recognizes AT&T & Verizon, so these r not work in India. So, please do some way to get unlocked my phone.
    Thanks

15. Howdr macrumors regular

Howdr

What about this?

Turbo Sim unlock?

http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/gevey-turbo-sim-unlock-iphone-4.html

16. sbddude macrumors 6502a

SIM card has nothing to do with WiFi. You can connect to WiFi without a SIM card.

17. Howdr macrumors regular

Howdr

Ultrasnow will unlock this :cool:

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    As long as the iphone is activated and past the connect to itunes logo you dont need a sim inside to connect to wifi.
    Open up cydia and install ultrasnow to unlock it. Make sure you dont update the firmware version or you will lose the unlock.

19. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I have a iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0. Fully backed up in iTunes. If I Jailbreak it via "Jailbrakme.xxx" and want to restore my Phone back to original 4.0, can I or will iTunes make me update to latest firmware?

20. balu025 macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for ur co-operation, but the thing is i use Limera1n to jailbroken and didn't unlock, because i need to install cydia by using Wifi, as i said earlier i don't have wifi. So please help me to get anyway

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It will force to update to the latest firmware out.
    Unless you have shsh blobs saved on cydia and then download the 4.0 IPSW and edits your hosts to cydias server and then it will let you restore to that.

You will need to find wifi somehow and then connect and install cydia and then install ultrasnow from within cydia. It should take less than a minute.
    You will not be able to use a simcard to pull data untill you unlock it first.

22. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Can you access the iphone apps and settings or do you see a "connect to itunes" logo?

If you can access settings, go to wifi, and turn off, then on, then join your network (enter password if applicable). Once that is done go back to home screen. You should see the "three arc" wifi icon, which means you are connected. Once that is in place, install cydia.

23. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

I have used Cyder 2 to unlock Iphone 3G/3GS without wifi previously and it works like a charm. I never try it on Iphone 4 but I think it works the same way. However, in order for it to work, your PC must have access to internet.

Here is the instruction link on it;

http://www.hotlink24h.com/iphone-2/...-2-without-wifi-with-cyder-ii/?replytocom=830

24. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Thank You Applejuiced. I figured that was going to be the deal.