Unlocking iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sebastes, Sep 13, 2011.

1. sebastes macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I need to put a new sim card in my iPhone 4 but so far it's locked to my old card.
    My version is 4.3.2 (8H7) and the modem firmware is 04.10.01
    Does anybody know what to use to unlock it so I can use both cards? (Preferably without losing my old data)

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Either your carrier can unlock the iphone for you, or by using a Gevey Turbo sim.

3. jekyoo macrumors 6502

You'll need to purchase a gevey sim. Only the baseband 01.59.00 on the iPhone 4 is unlockable. 01.59.00 is from iOS 4.0 so it's pretty rare unless someone knowledgeable kept the baseband preserved.

4. toiday macrumors regular

I got 2 Gevey sims before and they are not working very well. I would have to keep trying and trying for many times to get it to work. Once it works, if I have to power off the phone, I will have to restart the process again.

Then I read about the Gevey sim and found out that there are so many different ones. But ONLY the original one is the real one and the rest are imitations. The 2 I previously got are imitations. I now have the real Gevey sim. My phone works every single time I turns it on. The nice thing about this is I don't have to jailbreak my phone and I can go up to 4.3.5. Check this out at gevey.com. The .us one is fake.