Unlocking iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sebastes, Sep 13, 2011.

1. sebastes macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2011
    I need to put a new sim card in my iPhone 4 but so far it's locked to my old card.
    My version is 4.3.2 (8H7) and the modem firmware is 04.10.01
    Does anybody know what to use to unlock it so I can use both cards? (Preferably without losing my old data)
  2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

Oct 21, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Either your carrier can unlock the iphone for you, or by using a Gevey Turbo sim.
  3. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2007
    You'll need to purchase a gevey sim. Only the baseband 01.59.00 on the iPhone 4 is unlockable. 01.59.00 is from iOS 4.0 so it's pretty rare unless someone knowledgeable kept the baseband preserved.
  4. toiday macrumors regular

Sep 4, 2011
    I got 2 Gevey sims before and they are not working very well. I would have to keep trying and trying for many times to get it to work. Once it works, if I have to power off the phone, I will have to restart the process again.

Then I read about the Gevey sim and found out that there are so many different ones. But ONLY the original one is the real one and the rest are imitations. The 2 I previously got are imitations. I now have the real Gevey sim. My phone works every single time I turns it on. The nice thing about this is I don't have to jailbreak my phone and I can go up to 4.3.5. Check this out at gevey.com. The .us one is fake.