Unlocking iPhone 6 + T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Jul 19, 2015.

1. gabo864 macrumors 6502a

gabo864

Does anybody know how I can get an iPhone 6 Plus unlocked? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ask T-Mobile to unlock it or pay a 3rd party unlocker.

3. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I do believe t mobile makes you have had the phone active for 40 days before they will unlock it. Plus you have had to have paid it off or going over seas.

4. gabo864 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gabo864

It's not really my phone, its a friend's of mine. She's had her phone for over 3 months, but T-mobile service sucks in the area where we live so she wants to sell her phone and get Verizon, but the person who wants to buy it needs it to be unlocked. Her account is still active and she'll pay off her phone, so T-mobile does unlock phones? I'm sure she would rather go through them that a 3rd party unlocking service.

5. xneezzy macrumors newbie

She needs to have payed off the phone and then she has to request a sim unlock with T-Mobile. You can also have a 3rd party unlocking service do it but it'll cost some money

6. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

You could just tell the buyer to unlock it himself and just sell it at a cheaper price. The difference for it to be unlocked, and just show proof that it's fully paid off.

7. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Yeah, if she's trying to sell it at full price or close to it while it's still locked, that's a terrible deal for the buyer. Once the phone is paid off with TMO, they will happily unlock it for you.