Unlocking iPhone 7 w/Touch ID

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Voodoo245, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Voodoo245 macrumors newbie

Voodoo245

I've noticed when pushing the home button and holding the finger to unlock the iPhone with Touch ID is quite slow. Specially when compared to an iPhone 6S.

Has anyone noticed this?

Also, when trying to unlock the phone or when pressing the side button, the screen can take a couple of seconds to even turn on and respond. Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks!

2. kaielement macrumors 65816

I was noticing the the buttons sometimes seem to glitch and not work then all of a sudden start working. It has happened twice. Wasn't sure if I should take it Apple.

3. beaver82 macrumors member

I've found that mine happens too fast and need to slow it down! Lol

4. mr lee macrumors member

mr lee

Settings > Accessibility > Home Button > Turn ON Rest Finger to Open ( To unlock your phone faster!)

5. NCWildcat macrumors member

NCWildcat

Same, super fast to the point of annoying.

6. Voodoo245 thread starter macrumors newbie

Voodoo245

Strange. Some people have it super fast and for me when I hit the side button it takes so long for the screen to even come on and I've seen the hold finger to unlock on a 6S go super fast.

You guys think I should take it to apple?

7. MikeDee macrumors newbie

8. JSway macrumors regular

Omg this is awesome! This is so much better. Why didn't I ever know about this. Thank you!

9. NCWildcat macrumors member

NCWildcat

Maybe redo your fingerprints and then see how it does? If not, yeah I'd swing by an Apple store.