Unlocking iPhone for T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AMoeini, Feb 21, 2008.

1. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

Yes, I know there are a multitude of threads on this topic, but I am having trouble getting all the information in one place. Here's my situation. Ever since the iPhone came out, me being the a huge Mac supporter, wanted it from day one. The only thing that has kept me back thus-far was the switch to AT&T. I have always been on T-mobile, love their service, coverage, help, etc. Now that there plenty of people who use the iPhone on T-mobile on a daily basis, i've decided to go out and purchase one the day of the SDK. I have a few questions that i've yet to find an answer for. Can anyone help me out?
    -Can I purchase a brand new iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 from my local Apple Store and have no problems sim-unlocking?
    -Once unlocked, if a software update comes, must I upgrade after a "hacked" version is out?
    -I spend alot of time researching the iPhone and on Mac Rumors, and I have heard about the "bricked" iPhone, am I in danger of this? If so, is there a way around it.

Sorry if these are all the old, many times too answered questions, but I am really looking forward to joining the iPhone population. I appreciate your help, thank you all very much in advanced.

Cheers :apple:

2. McGiord, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. AMoeini thread starter macrumors member

AMoeini

Awesome, that website looks wonderful. I'll definitely hit up the forums there, thank you very much!