Unlocking Iphone4 4.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anvendarnamn, Oct 12, 2010.

1. anvendarnamn macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I have an iPhone4 4.0.2.

This phone is bought in England and I wanna use it in Sweden. My friend just jailbreaked his phone using LimeRa1n and it looked very easy.

The thing is im gonna need to unlock it aswell since im using it in Sweden instead of England. If I can, could someone please post me guide for both jailbreak guide and unlock guide?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Since you're in England where the iPhone is officially on multiple carriers I would try calling you carrier and seeing if they will unlock it for you, that would be a better solution than jailbreaking and unlocking. If they wont then I don't know too much about jailbreaking and unlocking iPhones but I'm sure someone else here could help you.

3. anvendarnamn thread starter macrumors newbie

Think you got it a bit wrong, I am in Sweden. The phone is bought in England. I want to use the phone in Sweden.

Thanks though

4. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

You can jailbreak your phone and use ultrasn0w to unlock it which can be download from cydia.

If you decided to upgrade to ios 4.1 you will need to use tinyumbrella to do this and it will stop your baseband from being updated. - there should be details on how to do this on here already.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Sorry, I thought you where from England and where traveling to Sweden and wanting to use your iPhone on your trip.

6. anvendarnamn thread starter macrumors newbie

@mrkramer: oh, I should probably have said that I live in Sweden.

@seanwebb68: I have tried the Tinyumbrella method but I get a 3002 error when im trying to "restore" to 4.1.
    I have used the guide on http://www.dkszone.net/update-ios-41-upgrading-baseband-15900-21004 if you scroll down on that page you will see "How To Stop Baseband Update 2.10.04 And Preserve Current Baseband On iPhone 4"

It says that if I get the 3002 error I have clicked "update" instead of "restore". I have tried this guide 5 times and Im sure I havent clicked update.