unlocking/jailbreaking iphone3g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ricklerush, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ricklerush macrumors newbie

hello all, new here but have a quick question.. I bought a 3g i phone and am unlocking it for t mobile.. I downloaded redsn0w the right firmware (4.2.1) and go to jailbreak it, when i hold the buttons down near the end of the last one about 5 seconds left (let go of power and hold JUST home. ) i hear what sounds like the device re syncing with my computer and it messes the whole process up. (also have tried to jailbreak with green poison and it does same thing.. which is why im stumped...)

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

3. Ricklerush thread starter macrumors newbie

so if i do the dfu like that, when i open redsn0w will i still have to hold the power down/power-home/home down? or does doing it like that, bypass the need? :/

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

no you have to put it in DFU mode to jailbreak Redsn0w even tells you to put it in DFU. fallow the instructions on Iclarified they are all there. ;)

5. Ricklerush thread starter macrumors newbie

alright, i was just confused cause redsnow says to do it one way, and the iclarified says another.. thank you

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Fallow Redsn0w to the T it will work also check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

7. Ricklerush thread starter macrumors newbie

ive been following redsn0w to the t. i do all three steps to put it into dfu.. and during the third step with 6 seconds left, my computer makes the noise it makes when something is docked, then it says fetching iPad base ban files, please be patient. after like 10 seconds it just disappears from the screen. and to reboot the phone i have to hold home/power for ten seconds..

8. Ricklerush thread starter macrumors newbie

two different computers, with sim card/without sim card.. all resulting into with six seconds left of holding the home button it starting early, and it failing...