Unlocking?Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BigNate99, Oct 14, 2011.

1. BigNate99 macrumors newbie

Ok, so I have an old iPod which I have jailbroken a few times so i'm not totally new to JB'ing but now I have an iPhone.I was wondering what I needed to do for me to jailbreak it.I read somewhere about unlocking but everything with unlocking seems to be with AT&T, and I have my phone through Verizon so I was wondering these questions

1.Does my iPhone need to be unlocked on Verizon for me to jailbreak
    2.What does unlocking do/will it change anything with my phone
    3.How do I find my baseband info, when I look in the "about section" on my phone it shows the modem firmware as 3.0.03 is that it?
    4.If I unlock my phone, will I run into any problems with using verizon service?

That's about all I have for now, anyone who can answer and questions would be a big help. Thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Ok before we go further you can not I repeat can not unlock a CDMA phone. that's why you have found anything about it. You can ask another CDMA network if they will add your ESN but it's not likely they will. CDMA phones are not as desired as GSM phones since most networks are GSM.

3. BigNate99 thread starter macrumors newbie

So then to jailbreak it I do NOT need to unlock it since it can't be done? Or does that mean I can't jailbreak it?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You don't need to unlock before jailbreak it.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

just do a google search for your firmware version for jailbreaks Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze those are you choices. I would use Redsn0w Iclarified has very good tutorials.

6. BigNate99 thread starter macrumors newbie

OOOOK. I was under the impression to jailbreak it I would need to unlock it and that if I just jailbroke it that I wouldn't be able to call/text

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

you have it reversed you have to jb in order to unlock. However in your case you can't unlock. I would suggest reading stickies at the top of this section before going any further.