Unlocking my phone and un-Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hobx, Sep 7, 2010.

1. hobx macrumors regular

I would like to unlock my phone, but am not particular bothered about jailbreaking. So my question is this, if I jailbreak the phone and unlock, then un jailbreak (which I believe is possible) does the phone remain unlocked?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No Possible, you need root access to unlock your phone, if you remove the Jailbreak I will remove the unlock as well.

Just the fact the Jail breaking allow you to Unlock you should get it into the "like" section LOL.

Anyways, if you want is to unlock, just do it and them hide the cydia icon and you will never notice you are jailbroken. You are not force to install anything else.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Like said above. You need to jb to be unlocked.
    Once u restore to official firmware the unlock hack is gone.

4. hobx thread starter macrumors regular

Completely forgot that I had posted this thread....

Thanks mate, I appreciate the answer. I'll have a ponder :)

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I tend to think of the jailbreak as the OS and the unlock program as an app that runs on the OS. Last time I checked, I can't run Word without OS X.
    The other option for unlock is to buy a factory unlocked phone; it's unlocked by Apple using a hackproof method. Canada, Britain, Hong Kong and a number of other countries offer a full priced, unlocked version. Ebay is another option, but make sure it's hardware and not software unlocked.