Unlocking newbie

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acousticbiker, Nov 10, 2008.

1. acousticbiker macrumors 6502

I'm traveling to Chile and considering unlocking my 3G for use with a local SIM.

1. Is there a safe/reliable/reputable unlock solution for the 3G with FW2.1?

2. Besides Visual Voicemail and the ability to use on a different carrier, is there any other difference between a factory and unlocked iPhone?

3. Can I easily revert an unlocked iPhone to the factory state?

4. I only plan on using the foreign SIM for about 3 weeks...do I have to terminate my contract with AT&T? Or can I just put the AT&T SIM back in when I return to the US? Will they even know or will it just look like I didn't use the phone for a few weeks?

Thanks.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

quickpawn or pwnage tool, they will both do it,, and if you are using a windows machine then winpwn? or osmehting like that

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

no app can fully unlock an iPhone 3G yet. there has been a unlock for a few carriers i here but probably not for a Chile provider. you will have to wait until there is a full unlock available. check the Dev Team blog for updates.

4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

There this things like, Gevey SIM, Rebel Card, which work like a charm, google them

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

oop crap i totally didnt se eteh OP was talking about a 3G....