unlocking on 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by polishmacuser, Nov 8, 2007.

1. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

does any unlocking hing work like ipsf please tell if anybody tried :)

2. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

I don't think so. all seems to be broken, anysim, turbosim, the works,

to keep you posted: http://www.modmyifone.com

3. alexdudman macrumors member

Does "Activation" still work through iNdependence or did they even break that?

4. polishmacuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i have at&t originally its just when i go to europe i have to use a different sim to save money so ipsf wont work :( unless somebody can tell me for sure :)

5. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

1.1.2 closes the TIFF exploit so I expect the iPhone will be locked tighter. In other words, you won't be able to unlock a 1.1.2 enabled phone until a way can be found around it (cat and mouse again!)

Although, I believe iToner still works with 1.1.2 but this does not hack the phone as such.

6. hidehide macrumors 6502

I think it will soon. Since ipod is already jackbroken :rolleyes:

7. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Jailbreak doesn't really rely on the tiff exploit - that's just the way to do it simpler without downgrading firmware etc. It really depends on whether they've closed any of the other holes that allowed JB.. will be updating my touch tonight (which is my experimental guinea pig) and having a go at some of the methods that were in progress just before the 1.1.1 JB went public.

8. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

That is more a survival of a 1.1.1 jailbreak judging from the scant details we currently have available.

It doesn't work for iPhone 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 either according to current info from TUAW.

9. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

They've already decrypted the 1.1.2 root image, and extracted the secpack.. that took... couple of hours maybe?

Can't see jailbreak being anything like as hard as the 1.0.2 -> 1.1.1 one... it's only a point release after all.

10. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Look at it this way, if you do not need the extras or functionality of the update than dont do it, and keep things the way they are. If your happy with 1.1.1 and your 3rd party apps than stay there, let the upgrade go.

11. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Look at it this way. All Euro-bought iPhones (for example) are 1.1.2. There's more than the US view on these forums you know.

12. Midgetinabikini macrumors regular