Unlocking on baseband 03.10.01?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shout, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Shout macrumors newbie

Hey guys, any thoughts on when I'll be able to unlock my iPhone 4 (4.2.1) baseband 03.10.01? I've heard rumours that the dev team has the unlock finished but are waiting until apple releases iOS 4.3, anyone heard anything else?

2. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Nope. I don't see any point in speculating. It won't make it come out any sooner.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Noone knows for sure but I hope you're right and they do release one after 4.3 is out.

4. CZK macrumors 6502a

I love how dev-team is playing on words.

After 4.3 is meaningless... It clearly suggest that it is RIGHT after 4.3. Which is cleayl not.

Not before 4.3 is a better term.

After 4.3 suggest that they will release it the same day/week as 4.3 is released. As we know, they are slowpokes so you might consider that june 2011 and september 2019 is also ''after 4.3''

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Boy, you are reading alot into the word after ...
    After doesn't mean immediately, soon after or any such thing.
    What it does mean is that iOS 4.3 must be released before we see any Ultrasn0w update.
    Anything else is pure speculation ! :p

6. CZK, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

I was just making this point because everywhere i read i see a lot of people taking that as ''Right after'' and it is clearly not what it is going to happen ( not to mention all stupid blogs like geohot.us and redmondpie taking it that way too).

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dont mind him bro:D

8. az988 macrumors member

Just curious, do any of you know if these baseband updates by apple serve any purpose besides preventing unlocks? Am I missing out on any improvements by having to stick with 1.59?

9. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I believe in rare cases they can actually fix wireless problems. For the most part though they are just to fix bugs to prevent unlocking.

10. choice macrumors regular

Just hope it's released before iPhone 5 is released so I can sell it for top dollars.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, pretty much what The Dev Team said is just to plug unlock holes and now every firmware got its own baseband version to prevent using tinyumbrella from kicking the i4 out of recovery.
    But besides that you're not missing out on anything if you got an older unlockable baseband.