Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leftyno9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Hey guys,

i have a iphone 4 on 4.2.1 baseband 03.10.01 that i need to get unlocked before i move out to live in Dubai in March. its already jailbroken with everything running smoothly.

I've had a google round for the last few hours and it seems greenpoison + untra snow unlock will not work with my baseband and I'm not to sure about using a gevey sim.

any help or adivce on what options i have would be greatly appreacited. i dont mind upadating and re jailbreaking.

Cheers.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Ultrasnow won't work for your bb version.
Your only option is a gevey turbo sim.
If you decide to update to the latest 5.0.1 make sure you do with a custom ipsw cause if you update to stock firmware gevey won't unlock it either.

leftyno9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Ultrasnow won't work for your bb version.
Your only option is a gevey turbo sim.
If you decide to update to the latest 5.0.1 make sure you do with a custom ipsw cause if you update to stock firmware gevey won't unlock it either.

Cheers, not too fussed about IOS5 tbh but if i wanted to i could update to 5.0.1 with a custom firmware and unlock with gevey?

----------

Cheers, not too fussed about IOS5 tbh but if i wanted to i could update to 5.0.1 with a custom firmware and unlock with gevey?

dont worry answered my own question :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.