Unlocking previously JB'd iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bill2p, Oct 12, 2011.

1. bill2p macrumors newbie

I have a pretty unusual query but maybe someone can help. My 3GS was unlocked in Bangkok and the baseband upgraded to 6.15. The only reason I JB'd it at all, was to break the SIMlock. Now I am able to officially unlock via Deutsche Telekom Germany, and I would like to do that and then upgrade to iOS5 without all the jailbreaking hassle.

My question: is there going to be any trouble doing this with the baseband at 6.15? Like, I don't know, Apple detecting the baseband and bricking the phone or something? Or should I wait until I can upgrade to jailbroken iOS5?

2. rlp2011 macrumors newbie

I have a 3GS with the iPad baseband and if u upgrade to iOS 5 u will find that your phone would be stuck searching for network, what I did Was a full restore to iOS 5 and then jailbreak it with redsnow and install the iPad baseband and you will have a iPhone 3GS with iOS 5 working unteather (if u have the old bootloader) or tether if u have the new one
    :)

3. bill2p thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still trying to find out if there's some risk of a problem when I officially unlock the SIMlock, considering I have the iPad baseband.