Unlocking Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihasduhproblem, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ihasduhproblem macrumors newbie

Hello,

I do not know much about iPhones, so please bear with me here. I have turned my iPhone on for the first time in a few months, and I have forgotten the passcode. How can I unlock it, if I can?

Thank you.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You can not without the passcode. You need to really think and try to remember the passode if you want to save your phone. It will be useless without unlocking.

3. nox5 macrumors 6502

Connect to iTunes hold power and home buttons for few seconds release power button then home button click on restore in iTunes
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

And that will get into a locked iPhone?:p

If so Apple will be very dissapointed

5. nox5 macrumors 6502

OP forgot passcode not his/her iCloud login info

6. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Dont try multiple attempts! If its not icloud locked, restore it. You will lose info.

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The phone is not asking for their iCloud Password it is wanting the passcode that the user set and forgot.

Without the correct passcode, the phone is useless except for parts.

8. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Not so. You can easily DFU restore an iOS device and it will wipe it, including the passcode.

It will still be iCloud locked after the restore, but the passcode itself will be gone. The user can then unlock it with their Apple ID. Which is much harder to forget. If the user doesn't remember their Apple ID it can be reset from iForgot provided it is actually them and they know the security questions and have an active Email account tied to their Apple ID.

I have done this before on current iOS devices running iOS 8. Of course, if the user doesn't know their Apple ID password, have an email, or know the security questions, yeah, it's toast. But in that case it's almost always stolen/not theirs.

9. nox5 macrumors 6502

I don't think you should give any advice here clearly you have no idea what you're talking about