Unlocking Sprint iPhone 5s Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasek3139, Nov 29, 2014.

1. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

Here is the situation

I moved form Sprint to ATT , I have an iPhone 5s I want to unlock, but sprint is running me thru circles. They have given me the MSL code, but for w.e reason won't/can't unlock the phone. I am trying to unlock the phone an give it to my friend overseas. I also called apple and they transferred me back to sprint.

anyone have any ideas on how I can unlock it?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Apple does not use MSL codes. What Sprint gave you is worthless. An MSL code lets you reprogram the phone and that is not how Apple handles this.

Sprint can give you an international unlock only. The general policy is that the phone is active for 90 days with the bill paid on time. Then call and ask for an international unlock.

If you are not a current customer, you can try calling the international services department (ask for that when you call), but I don't know if they will help you.

However, if they do, the process is that Sprint submits your IMEI to Apple for insertion in Apple's unlock database. It's getting someone at Sprint that knows this and then getting them to do it that's the problem.

Lastly, under NO circumstances will Sprint ever submit your IMEI for domestic US use. Sprint has an agreement with Apple to keep all of Sprint's IMEIs out of the domestic part of the unlock database. Apple cannot to this and Sprint will flat out refuse every time.

Two other routes are to find an unlock service that will do this for INTERNATIONAL only. No unlock service can fully unlock a Sprint phone and if they tell you they can, you are being scammed. Either way, you will be charged probably somewhere from $80 to $150 - if you find a service. The two I knew of aren't doing it any more.

Last is a SIM Interposer. About the same price as an unlock. Gevey or R-Sim are the best known.

Good luck!

3. hasek3139 thread starter macrumors 6502

well since I'm Not a current customer they said I can't unlock it even for international use so i guess there is nothing I can do?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, like I said in my first post…

Two other routes are to find an unlock service that will do this for INTERNATIONAL only. No unlock service can fully unlock a Sprint phone and if they tell you they can, you are being scammed. Either way, you will be charged probably somewhere from $80 to $150 - if you find a service. The two I knew of aren't doing it any more.

Last is a SIM Interposer. About the same price as an unlock. Gevey or R-Sim are the best known.

Those are your only other options if Sprint is refusing to give you an international unlock.