Unlocking sprint

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daluvgurushine, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Daluvgurushine macrumors newbie

Hello guys. Can iphone 5s, 5c , 5 locked to Sprint can be factory unlocked. Because in many sitres i have seen them offering unlocks like officialiphoneunlock.co.uk for 49.99 GBP nd oneunlock.com for 254usd. Can anybody suggest me.??

2. Daluvgurushine thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Simple answer is no. Its unlocked only for overseas. This should change next year once the new law kicks in.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You assume.

IF. A Sprint customer had this phone activated on their account for 90 days…
    IF. A Sprint customer paid their bill for this phone on time for 90 days…

THEN. A Sprint customer could call to have it unlocked for international use.

A Sprint customer who had an iPhone unlocked for international use could of course sell the phone as unlocked for international use and the next person to get that phone would receive it that way. But as a new phone, no. It's locked period when new.

5. Daluvgurushine thread starter macrumors newbie

Tx al. But one thing i wanna know its that, then why is some sites showing unlocking for sprint for 240 usd and 49 gbp. Are they fake

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! Do you think they are real?

There are lots of scams on the internet. And anyone trying to sell you an unlock for Sprint is scamming you. It's impossible. But the scammers count on people not knowing about Sprint's unlock policy, take your money and you never hear from them again.

Now, that said, an R-Sim, a Gevey or any other type of SIM Interposer is often advertised as an unlock. SIM Interposers will work, but the advertising is misleading because an interposer simply tricks the phone into thinking it's on it's native network when it's not. That is NOT an unlock. If you were to pull the SIM interposer out of the phone, the phone would still be locked. But this deceptive advertising still continues because people buy into it.

7. Daluvgurushine thread starter macrumors newbie

Tx a lot sir. Tx a lot. But can u suggest some site which offer unlocking. Because some shops and people do factory unlocking and they charge money but how they do and from where?

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sorry, any shop offering factory unlocking is scamming you. Sprint phones cannot be factory unlocked. As I and others in this thread have explained, it's not possible.

Your only option is finding someplace online or a local shop that sells a SIM interposer.

9. bwsteg macrumors 6502

My Sprint iphone 5s (which was purchased from Apple) came unlocked for international use out the box.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'd be interested to hear how that happened. I know of one or two cases where because Apple didn't have a specific Sprint model for someone they forced Sprint to activate a non-Sprint unlocked iPhone on their network. Because it was unlocked to begin with, it's a completely unlocked iPhone on Sprint's network.

So, maybe there was a special case in your situation?

11. Daluvgurushine thread starter macrumors newbie

But sir here at&t and others are unlocking and yeah i know sprint cannot be unlocked. But i m saying from where they unlock like sprint or t mobike or any other carrier