Unlocking T-Mo iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ceywat32, Feb 12, 2015.

1. ceywat32 macrumors newbie

Anyone recently used a service to unlock their t mo phone? I have been checking around and the prices are higher for this particular carrier than for some others. Why?
    Also, the sites I have checked that posters on this forum have recommended will not unlock a t mo phone still under contract.
    Would appreciate any help with this. I have been reading thru a lot of threads and not getting any closer to getting the iPhone unlocked.
    Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its expensive.
    About $100-150 on average.
    Not much you can do but pay the price or sell it.
    Factory Unlock for T-Mobile USA iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6 6+

Please allow 1-7 BUSINESS days for processing. (weekends are not business days).

Does not support blacklisted or financed TMOBILE USA IMEIs.

3. tys macrumors 6502

If you got your T-mo phone from Apple, it is probably already unlocked.
    Otherwise, my understanding is that once you pay off the phone (ie no outstanding installment plan balance) and you've been a customer for at least 40 days. T-mo will unlock it.
    I got lucky:
    I got my 6+ from T-mo but had problems with it the first week and got it replaced at the Apple Store. The replacement unit came unlocked! Of course with T-mo's international roaming, I no longer really need an unlocked phone, but it's nice to know I could use another carrier's SIM in a pinch.