Unlocking the iPhone Truly Possible?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mox123, Sep 20, 2007.

1. mox123 macrumors 6502

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with an unlocked iPhone? I'm seriously consider getting one. How would the unlocking affect the warranty on the iPhone from apple? the ONLY draw holding me back from this splurge is the AT&T end of the deal. I currently have TMobile but have been out of contract for the past couple years, so i can basically switch at a moment's notice if i REALLY HAVE t

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

If you could they best thing would be to switch otherwise unlocking it is not a bad option. Even if Apple does lock the phones after its updates I am sure someone will be able to figure that out too.
    If you dont mind getting into a contract for a couple of years with AT&T then that would be your best option.

3. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

You might take a look at the iPhone forums.....

4. aquanutz macrumors regular

I have tmobile and would never move to horid AT&T for the iPhone... however, I did buy an iPhone and unlock it. Head over to the hackint0sh.org forums and read up on it. It's really easy to do and you can have everything working just fine. I even use my $6 tzones to browse the web, just as fast as my buddy's EDGE connection on his AT&T plan. :)

5. cliffjumper68 macrumors regular

cliffjumper68

It will work with t-mobile but the visual voicemail does not.