Unlocking Verizon iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mototriu, Aug 9, 2012.

1. mototriu macrumors member

Is it possible to unlock a Verizon iphone 4s to work with simple mobile,At&t and overseas?I've heard about the gevy sim but i dont quite understand how it works .

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. mototriu thread starter macrumors member

Alright thank you.I still don't understand how it works though.I have a couple questions.
    1.After I insert the gevey sim do I need to keep it in the phone until the unlocking process is over or do I keep it in all the time?

2.After I unlock the phone using the Gevey Sim I will be able to use the phone with all carriers that use sim cards(ex.T-mobile,AT&T) but I will not be able to use it on cdma carriers it was not made for(ex.Verizon iphone on sprint)

3.Will the unlock be broken once I upgrade to IOS6 this fall?What features are fully functional and what features will not work anymore(If there are any)?

Im fairly new to unlocking using the Gevey Sim.Im sorry for all the question.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

1. You will need to keep the gevey inside the iphone at all times. Once you remove it then no more unlock.
    2.Yes.
    3. The unlock exploit most likelly will be patched with the new firmware update just like all other ones before. So you dont update right away or you wait for the JB scene and then update to custom firmware that saves your old unlockable baseband. One mistake and there's no turning back once you updated the baseband. You will have a useless iphone.
    Dont worry about the questions, ask away.

5. mototriu thread starter macrumors member

Alright I have one more question.Will I still be able to use my iphone on verizon?If so how?

----------

ohh and one more question.If I restore my iphone or uninstall the furious mod will it lock my iphone again?

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You should be able to use it on verizon, as long as the verizon line is active. Once you restore, or turn the phone off/on you need to re-do the gevey unlock.

7. mototriu thread starter macrumors member

I need to redo the whole process anytime I reboot or turn off the phone?I was completely sold on this gevey thing until I heard that.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im not 100% on how that gevey works for the CDMA iphone but every time you restart the phone you might have to dial a number and toggle airplane mode off and on or have a hack installed with cydia so you dont have to do anything after you reboot.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I have the official unlock to use my verizon one on foreign carriers, and I'm assuming it would be the same with the gevey unlock. For my phone to get it back on verizon you just have to remove the sim card. If you have a non verizon sim in there it will default to GSM.