Unlocking with the new GP Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PaHtSaN, Feb 27, 2011.

1. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

Yakshemash vanilla faces, ive been behind on all the new jailbreak/unlock situation. I just jailbroke my 3gs with the new GP, how would I unlock the phone now? Do I still need to make a custom FW w pwngetool + 06.15.00? Can I download an already made custom firmware with the ipad baseband? The thing is I can make it worst case, but since I have a PC, I need to borrow a friends mac, so downloading an already made fw would save me that trouble.

Thanks for the help.;)

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

If you're not consulting the devteam blog, you can use http://jailbreakmatrix.com/iPhone-iTouch-Jailbreak or iclarified to check what's the latest on unlocking.

3. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

I looked, the dev team blog doesn't have any new info about unlocking (since it first posted about the 06.15.00 method months ago), and I didn't see anything addressing this on Jailbreak matrix either. All i'm trying to understand is if the unlocking process is still the same as it was before this new GP came out, in other words, should I just load the 4.2.1 firmware with the iPad FW into pwngetool, make a new custom FW, restore to it, and jailbreak with Greenpois0n? Or is there something I should be doing differently now? Or (the option that i'm hoping for) is there an already made custom firmware for the 3g and 3gs with 4.2.1 + 06.15.00 that I can just download and restore to without having to use my friends mac for pwngtool.

Again, maybe I'm overlooking something because I haven't been keeping up w the jailbreak world for 3-4 months now, so just some quick advise is really what I'm looking for. Thanks

Btw eastercat: You are Cat in Hat yes?!?!

4. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Lots of view, not much news, cmon yall, help a brotha out. I know someone here knows wassup.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you don't mind loosing GPS with your phone having ipad baseband, then here is what you need to do to unlock your phone;

1. Download Ipad baseband 3.2.2 to your PC.
    2. Download redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to you pc
    3. download the firmware that match your iphone to your pc.

Open and run cydia. Make sure you click on "Install Ipad baseband" if you want to unlock. Click "install cydia" if you don't have this on your phone. You should have this "loader" icon on your Iphone already since you have jaibroken it with GP. Cydia is in that loader.

Once Ipad baseband is installed. Open Cydia and install Ultrasn0w to unlock your phone.

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You still haven't bothered to tell us what firmwares are on the phone! We aren't mind readers.

7. PaHtSaN, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Is losing gps 100%? I thought it was only on some phones, and I was hoping there would be a fix by now.

8. PaHtSaN thread starter macrumors regular

You dont have to read my mind bro, you just have to read my post, I said 4.2.1 and I said the new GP (which is for 4.2.1)

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yeah, it is not happening to all Iphone with 06.15 baseband. What happen if it happens to yours? I think we need to look at the worst case scenario before we decide to install this baseband. it might or might not happen on yours.