unlockit.co.nz free internet for PS3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kawasakirider, Nov 14, 2011.

1. kawasakirider macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I'm in between houses at the moment (waiting for old tenants to move out) and I'd like to play MW3 on PSN, but I only have my iPhone 4 on optus as a way of connecting to the internet.

Obviously I don't get enough data to do that safely (2-3gb) and I've heard that unlockit.co.nz allows you to get free 3g. I was wondering if my provider would track it and charge me for it if I used unlockit.co.nz and connected my PS3 to the internet by using my phone as a hotspot?

Anyone know if this would work, or know of any other way that I could get online?

Thanks in advance!

2. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I have tethered my 360 to my iPhone 4 and played online for about 3 hours while using a voice headset (talking to 8 people simultaneously) and I only used about ~200mb. If you have to use your current data plan, tethering your ps3 is doable within reason.

I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 at the time if it makes any difference. Good luck!

3. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, it's just that my current usage takes 48 hours to update, so I never really know where I stand. I might give it a go at some stage. Would love a way to do it for free, without worrying though!

4. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

Yeah with the situation you're in that's smart of you to be wary of your data usage. I would love to help you out further with this problem but I don't have any experience with unlock it.co.nz :( but I hope someone can come along and answer your question better :)

5. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I don't trust any sites musclenerd hasn't mentioned for unlocks or jailbreaks. I say scam 100%. As far a tethering I not a expert there either.

7. MBPMax macrumors member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand the site only provides you with APN information (i.e. carrier internet settings) in case you bought a carrier-locked iPhone and would like to use another SIM card by the same carrier that requires the use of different APN information. For example, if you bought a 2nd hand iPhone that is locked to O2 (monthly contract) and would like to use a pay-and-go SIM, you would have to fill in APN data that corresponds to O2's pay and go data tariff.

Where does it say that the site gives you free internet for your phone?

8. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

lol. Someone just got owned.

Nice one.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    That site has just APN config files and even fake apn to block carrier data usage on older iphone firmware versions.
    Nothing to do with free internet or anything close to that.

10. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well my friend is mistaken. He was raving to me about it and has been going crazy on his ip4, I haven't used it because I thought it sounded to good to be true, but I was kinda desperate to play mw3 so I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will need to JB your iphone in order to get free tethering.
    Then you can use Mywi, TetherMe, PdaNet or any other tethering hack on Cydia.
    Or pay for official tethering.

12. tonehud macrumors newbie

same problem!!!!

hi ive been playing online with my xbox and a tethered iphone on a variety of different games for like a year...ive never had any probs with the connection im on battlefield as we speak!!! BUT.... I cant get on MW3 as i have a strict nat setting it says....is there any solution ive tried bridging the connections too but that didnt help :(

13. kawasakirider thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

According to my provider, tethering doesn't cost. I'm in Australia, so our plans are obviously different. I've been tethering to my computer for quite a while. I'm worried that if I tether to my ps3 and play online then I'd use a ridiculous amount of my 2gb I get per month. Not fussed if I get UP to the cap, but I'd I go over it, the price per MB is crazy.

14. twezzyfbaby macrumors regular

twezzyfbaby

How would i go about tethering my ip4 to my ps3 just plug it up and go thru settings? Im jb'd with miwi