Unmentioned feature of 2.0 software

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tannerozzy, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Tannerozzy macrumors regular

Tannerozzy

I just noticed a feature nobody has mentioned before. With the old iPhone software, if you were listening to music through headphones and got a phone call and unplugged the headphones to talk on the phone, when the call ended the music would come back on through the bottom speakers. With the new 2.0 software it keeps the music on pause after the call until you physically press play again.

Not a huge feature, but I haven't seen it mentioned before. I spend a lot of time in the library at school, so this is really helpful. My music would always start up on the loud speakers after a phone call.

Glad it's taken care of now :)

2. Musicmadnessash macrumors member

i havent seen it mentioned (not saying it hasnt or people arnt aware) but i found this out.. if you press the home button and the sleep button together.. it takes like a screen cap and stores it with your photos.

i do know people do this as ive seen "post your home screen" pictures and what not.. BUT i didnt realise that was how you did it.. how long has this been a feature?

3. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

i think this came with 2.0

4. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Since 2.0. It's pretty nice that they included that. I bet they knew people would want to show off their new apps and home screens :D

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Yeah, I suppose it's also handy for developers wanting to advertise their application.
    They can just screen capture the application and place it into the official render of the iPhone 3G,
    for web purposes. :cool:

That's what I'd do.

R-Fly

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Just about every app in the app store has a screenshot posted too. I have a feeling that app store is pretty much the only reason it's there.

7. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

one thing i have found compared to my iPhone classic is that if i'm using my headphones for music, and then pause the track.. unplug the headphones and a few hours later plug them back in, then click the play button on the headphone remote, the track you was listening to hours before would continue playing..

this wasn't the case on the iPhone classic.. i always had to physically open the iPod app and press the play button..

saves me a heck of time, not to mention i dont have to take my iPhone out of my pocket for all to see in public!

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I've noticed that ANY time, just synced, just turned on or anything, if I sqeeze the mic on my headset it'll play a song. Saves turning on the screen and all that. :D

9. yorkslad macrumors regular

Wow...Dont know if this has been noted before but you can now save pictures you get in emails. If you tap on the picture you get an option to 'Save'. Tested on my 1st gen 1.1.4 iphone and not there!! :)

10. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

New feature mentioned in keynote actually. You can save them off any website too. :D