Unninstall Lion Server

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Tmelon, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

To make a long story short, I installed Lion server and I no longer want it. I know that dragging the App to the trash can does very little, so what would I do to remove Lion Server?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

A clean install seems to be the consensus for removing the Lion server. If that is not an option just make sure all the services are turned off.
    https://devforums.apple.com/message/412686 or https://devforums.apple.com/message/416318 both suggest clean install.

3. Tmelon thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm very new to the whole server thing. So if I turn off all of the services it will act as if there is no Server installed at all?

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

No, the system version will still show Mac OS X Server 10.7 (11A480b), but none of the services will be activated. Other than a clean install there is no way to remove the server at this time.

5. Tmelon thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright thank you. I suppose I'll just wait for the final release of Lion for a clean install.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

That might be your best bet. It is not harming anything. Since you can't upgrade from DP4 to the final release, you might as well wait. Just turn off what you don't need.

7. iboyindigo macrumors newbie

To remove server

First delete the server apps from your app folder. Next go in to /System/Library/CoreServices and drag the serverversion.plist to the trash, authenticate and empty. This will allow you to reinstall Lion from the Mac App Store without the server purchase.