UNO installation problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by klb028, Jun 29, 2007.

1. klb028 macrumors 6502

I downloaded UNO to install it and when I moved it into my apps folder and opened it, it said that I wasn't running a version higher than 10.4.4 and the program was going to end. I'm running 10.4.10, so I'm really confused. A friend suggested this:

"For folks who are having problems installing UNO on 10.4.10, there is a solution. Create a new file called sw_vers in your home folder with the following contents:

#!/bin/bash

echo "10.4.9"

Then open the Terminal an execute the following commands:

export PATH=~:$PATH
    chmod ./sw_vers a+x
    /Applications/UNO.app/Contents/MacOS/UNO

This will fool UNO into thinking that you are running 10.4.9. It seems to work fine for me."

I'm not sure where they found that at, but it seems to help... I just can't figure out how to exactly create a new file in the home folder because I'm fairly new to Macs. I also have no idea how to open the terminal.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do?

2. DeathAxe macrumors newbie

DeathAxe

Hey!
    The solution your friend proposed is pretty simple to execute. Open TextEdit (located in your applications folder) and switch to Plain Text mode (somewhere in the menus). then paste
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

echo "10.4.9"
    After, save it as sw_vers and revove the .txt extrension. Then open the Terminal (that is located in Applications/utilities) and execute the commands. Also, make sure UNO is in your Applications folder.

3. klb028 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do I just enter the command under File > New Command then press Run? I did, and nothing happened... and UNO still wouldn't let me install. :(