Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Anyone else tried this.

It's free and an alternative to infinidock.

Repo : //kindadev.com/apt/

Cydia developer who goes by the name kindadev has released an unofficial version of the Five Icon Dock tweak and it is called Five Icon Dock Modoki , which adds support for iOS 7 and the iPhone 5s.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Anyone else tried this.

Cydia developer who goes by the name kindadev has released an unofficial version of the Five Icon Dock tweak and it is called Five Icon Dock Modoki , which adds support for iOS 7 and the iPhone 5s.

tried it and it works fine. it doesn't overlap like saurik's five icon dock

the one thing i found REALLY interesting is that this tweak doesn't require IconSupport (so that means it uses the default IconState.plist and not the IconSupportState.plist)

I'm curious at how it works though, as opposed to saurik's five icon dock

7ygg.png

Edit: no visual bugs either

Last edited:

JrFreak

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
I been using Infinidock. 5 icons plus scrolling... great for app like calculator, contacts, ect. Quicker to get to than being in a folder.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Anyone else tried this.

Excellant find!!! Ended up removing infinidock and iconsupport. Was only using it for 5 icon dock. My icons blew up all over the place though and had to resort lol:(;)

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
the one thing i found REALLY interesting is that this tweak doesn't require IconSupport (so that means it uses the default IconState.plist and not the IconSupportState.plist)

I only use Infinidock to get 5 icons, so I'm interested in this. Can you elaborate a little on your explanation? What's the (possible) advantage in not requiring IconSupport?

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I only use Infinidock to get 5 icons, so I'm interested in this. Can you elaborate a little on your explanation? What's the (possible) advantage in not requiring IconSupport?

it doesn't require IconSupport as a dependency to work

From my understanding, IconSupport is needed for tweaks such as FolderEnhancer, Iconism, Gridlock, etc to work

However, iTunes doesn't support IconSupport so if you wanted to organize your apps using iTunes, it'll be a mess :p. No advantage really, unless you're one of the people who organize your apps using iTunes (which MIGHT be an advantage temporarily, if you're doing all kinds of experimenting stuff and it's a faster way to reorganize your apps after you've restored and started new)

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Just so you know, if/when you uninstall this tweak they will blow up again. :(

that's because when you use this tweak, it uses the stock/default IconState.plist

however, if you have the five icon dock (by saurik), or folderenhancer (when it's updated), iconism/gridlock (when they're also updated), they use the IconSupportState.plist to organize the app icons location

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
iTunes doesn't support IconSupport so if you wanted to organize your apps using iTunes, it'll be a mess :p

I'm using Homescreen Designer for my icons. Is there a way to find out if that uses IconSupport? (That's really a generic question: once you've installed an app, how do you know what else it installed along with it?) If so, I might as well keep Infinidock but if not I'll probably switch over to this new tweak.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Wish you would've posted this yesterday before I bought infinidock :(

I like this one because the icons aren't squashed together. Thanks for sharing.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I'm using Homescreen Designer for my icons. Is there a way to find out if that uses IconSupport? (That's really a generic question: once you've installed an app, how do you know what else it installed along with it?) If so, I might as well keep Infinidock but if not I'll probably switch over to this new tweak.

i'm pretty sure HomescreenDesigner does depend on IconSupport based on what I've seen in the threads here. I'm guessing IconSupport allows for a more advanced way of organizing icons

you can always download AppInfo from cydia and check what the dependencies of each package/tweak is

HasoMujo

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2013
Hi all,

Thanks for info - nice and useful since Saurik's original tweak "Five Dock Icons" is not yet fully iOS7 compatible (i.e. icons overlap)!

froggieg

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2012
This is da bomb!!!! It works on my iPhone 5S jailbroken on 7.0.4. AND it did not mess up my folders and the arrangement of my apps. Love it.

justinfreid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2009
NEW Jersey / USA
Anyone else tried this.

Perfect. Thanks a lot for posting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.