Unopened Air Return After 14-days

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by darbklue, Aug 25, 2012.

1. darbklue macrumors newbie

Hi guys!

Do you know, or have any experience, whether can I still get a refund for my unopened Air after 14-days period? I bought it in UK, but not opened it yet, and I am not in UK right now. I will go back after 17 days or so.

What do you think? Would they accept my air for a refund?

2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

No, you can't. No one cares if you had the chance / time / mood to open it or not at the store. You have 14 days "after purchase" to return it, and not "14 days after you open it"...

3. toondw macrumors 6502

Unlikely, but if it is still sealed in the cellophane they may accept it back if you state you were away.

You should have rang first before the 14 days were up to allow them to make a note of the impending return and they may have been accommodating.

4. darbklue thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, maybe I can call and try to explain my situation. Thanks for the replies guys!

5. jmoore5196 macrumors 6502a

jmoore5196

Most Apple Store managers will accept a return up to 30 days after purchase if you're returning the product to buy another - ideally, an upgrade. If yours is still sealed, returning it for credit or refund may be less of a challenge. The trick is to move the issue up to the manager on duty, which is sometimes difficult.