Unopened iPad Pro Return

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Snoosedaddy, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Snoosedaddy macrumors regular

Bought an ipad pro for a Christmas present on November 5th in an apple store. Found an awesome deal on black Friday that got me the same ipad for $200 cheaper. I have not yet returned the ipad back to the Apple store, but started reading up on the return policy and said 14 days to return item. It also mentioned the holiday return policy was from November 10 - December 25 can return through January 8th. What are the chances the apple store will accept this return? Is apple online store return policy for unopened items the same as in store returns?

2. jmeas macrumors regular

jmeas

You can return it, as the return policy is the same.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

No. The OP is out of his 14 Day return policy and not In Apple's Holiday return policy by five days. So, technically he is unable. Unless Apple makes an exception, but they have been more strict with returns. Being its unopened, maybe they will accept the return. It all depends.

4. PrettyWings macrumors regular

You should go on Apple and use the live chat. They will tell you the answer.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The return policy is the same as the in store return policy. But you are out of your 14 day return period and unfortunately you missed the Holiday return by five days. Perhaps they May make an exception, but I mentioned in the post above, Apple has become more strict past the 14 day return period, regardless of open/unopened products.

6. Snoosedaddy thread starter macrumors regular

Just to update, I was successful in returning this back to the Apple store. They did mention it was past the return date, but the system still allowed the refund.