Unpairing and resetting?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Eric5964, May 2, 2015.

1. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

I have a sport that I am giving to someone after my SS black sport arrived. Want to wipe it to factory new.

I unpaired it thinking that was the first step. Then paired the new watch, all is fine there.

So my question is, do I still have to reset the old one from the watch? Now that it is unpaired, it takes you right to a pairing screen and can't access the general setting to reset. Do I need to repair the old one again, then reset, then unpair again? Or is it wiped from the unpairing?

Can you have 2 paired at once? If I repair the old one, what happens to the new watch pairing?

Thanks for any knowledge or experience that you may have with this.....

EricE

2. Eric5964 thread starter macrumors regular

Eric5964

3. xthine macrumors regular

xthine

Unpairing does not necessarily delete data. You have to reset the watch to wipe it clean. Reset can be done on both the app and the watch.

Can't have 2 watched paired at once. What happens to the new watch paired will depend on the option you choose 1) new set up 2) restore from back up.

4. johnalan macrumors regular

Nonsense, unpairing resets a watch to default.

5. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Either unpair, or if you want to be certain, use the Apple Watch app and go to General -> Reset -> Reset all settings

Tuck

6. xthine macrumors regular

xthine

Unpairing and resetting?

I have 2 Apple Watches and tested this myself but Okay... If that's what you want to believe. *shrug*