Unpairing disconnects cellular plan

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Frankfurt, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Frankfurt macrumors 6502

Frankfurt

Just to share my experience in case this happens to anybody else. In the attempt to unpair an old Apple Watch S0 from my phone I erroneously unpaired my current S3 LTE. When I realized it, I was quite annoyed because of the need to re-pair the watch etc, but what I did not expect was that my VZ cellular plan got deactivated as well in the moment the watch got un-paired. After I re-paired the watch I realized LTE was not working. I could still see the device number share in my VZ account but it was inactive. I could not reactivate it via the watch app pn the phone either. I had to call Verizon customer service and have them add it on their end and then re-run the activation in the watch app on the phone.

One hour later all is running again. Good service experience through Verizon btw.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Did a windows appear to deactivate the number?

3. MJ22 macrumors regular

I’ve had to unpair and re-pair with the last two updates to fix a battery drain and both times I was asked on the watch screen if I wished to keep the LTE service active. I chose yes and both times paired up with no interruption. I have AT&T though.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have repaired a few times and was never asked if I wanted to keep the cellular plan. It has stayed intact. I am on Verizon as well.

5. csurfr macrumors 68020

I know if you wipe the watch from the watch itself it will ask if you want to keep the plan or remove it. Not sure about the Watch app on the iPhone.

Edit: And at least on T-Mobile if you delete the plan from the watch, it does NOT remove it from your account.