Unpartion HD

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Sole164, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sole164 macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    i was trying to install windows 7 on my mac and i force quit bootcamp while it was partioning the Hard drive. now i have missing space on my computer and i need to know how to get rid of the partion. I tried disk utility and the partion does not show up on the partion tab. I also tried bootcamp but bootcamp only gives me the option to download windows support software and install windows 7. So basically bootcamp is telling me to install windows 7. Is there any solution to this problem? i am using early 2011 macbook pro model. Running 10.8.2

2. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Quitting that process before completion was the error here...I think you are going to have to back up and start afresh...IE: re-install OSX then go down the bootcamp road again...Something has caused corruption on your HDD...No doubt attempting to partition whilst installing.

3. murphychris macrumors 6502a

Bad choice. This almost always causes data loss, and the partition scheme is a kind of data. You probably have file system corruption, so yeah, hope you have backups. Repartition the drive, with 1 partition, reinstall and restore data from backups.