Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mati0000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Hi, I ve a iPod mini and i ´m using it to store some photos, because i m on a trip.
The thing is it, run out of bateries, and i plug it in to the computer to charge, then i unplug it without the safety mode of doing it (pc). Now, no pc recongnize it as an ipod.

Is there a way to get the photos back?
I ve tried re installing itunes, putting the ipod in disk mode, and restarting it
Ive got no luck!
pleas helpç!!

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
If you did it on Windows I'm surprised it has caused a problem as I thought Windows was good at this stuff.

Have you gone through the 5 R's?

Aranince

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2007
California
Sure, but I only thought it mattered on the Mac.

I wouldn't be surprised if it matter more on Windows than a Mac.

All it does is to make sure you aren't syncing it when you unplug it. If iTunes is done syncing it...then you can unplug it. But unplugging it while its syncing is a bad idea.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I wouldn't be surprised if it matter more on Windows than a Mac.

Windows writes data to external drives immediately as it knows they can be disconnected. However Mac OS X caches the data so it isn't always written straight away.

Of course its probably best to always eject the disk properly, especially if it has critical data on it.

All it does is to make sure you aren't syncing it when you unplug it. If iTunes is done syncing it...then you can unplug it. But unplugging it while its syncing is a bad idea.

True, but on the Mac especially it is better to eject it correctly.

what can i do??
idont want to lose my photos

the ipod wasnt syncing, because there was no itunes.

Have you tried the 5 R's?

Did you copy the photos on in Disk Mode? If so is the iPod showing up in My Computer?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Go through the five R's except Restoring and then report back, you won't lose your data.

Btw how can you copy photos onto an iPod Mini except in disk mode? They only had black and white screens... Are you sure you don't have an iPod Nano?

mati0000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Go through the five R's except Restoring and then report back, you won't lose your data.

Btw how can you copy photos onto an iPod Mini except in disk mode? They only had black and white screens... Are you sure you don't have an iPod Nano?

I ve done de 5 rs except the last r, and nothing happens
There is no problem to copy photos or anithing you want not in the disk mode.
i go to my pc and then to ipod and there i saved whatever.
I COULDN´T see the photos with my ipod

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Can you try and explain yourself more clearly, your English is very broken, I don't really understand how you put your photos onto your iPod in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.