Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macornomac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Hey guys. I have the 5g video ipod. Today and yesterday I had it freeze on me then I had to take it out of my pocket and tinker with it and crap. Is this a known thing this version of the ipod??? I mean will the freezing get worse?? Also what is the disk utlity thing with the ipod. Does that repair errors and stuff? I had mine plugged in and went to disk utlity but can't really select anything. One last thing I didn't realize I hadn't ejected my ipod and I pulled the plug. It said some songs or what not may be lost. Well I checked all and it seems to be all there. Does this always delete your songs or sometimes nothing will happen??? I know I had my PSP plugged in one time and didn't eject and it corrupted a lot of videos. Just wondering if I made out okay this time.

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
In case the freezing gets worse, try a restore.

Do not use Disk Utility with the iPod. Restore the iPod inside iTunes.

As long as the syncing was done when you pulled the plug, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. If something was deleted, it's on the iPod. You still got your music in iTunes and - if selected - it will be synced next time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.