Unplugging headphones pauses music/video.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jazz1, May 7, 2010.

1. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Maybe I missed this in the iPhone but I noticed that when I unplug several of my headphone my music in the iPod application and video application pauses the music/video.

Is this a feature or a bug? I suppose it keeps the sound from blaring out the iPad's speaker. Oddly enough I also noticed the volume slider on the touchscreen will move a little without me touching it. Is anyone seeing that?

2. mc751n macrumors member

This is the same with the iPhone, the music will pause when you remove your earphones. Like most macs, the device will remember the last volume you had for earphones and speakers, so the volume will adjust itself if you plug in/unplug earphones.

3. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

Great thanks! I thought I had messed something up or the device was going bad. I also had the misfortune of trying to play a video on a site via Safari and the video's sound was broken. So I really thought the iPad was going bad for a moment.

4. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Welcome to the world of Apple portable devices. I believe this has always happened ever since the first iPod.