Unplugging my headphones causes music to start playing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goodeye, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

First off I searched and found nothing. If this has been discussed before please point me in the right direction.

I listen to the Sirus XM app from time to time or even have youtube going. I will sit in the breakroom at work and do this. Well I get back to my desk after closing out of these items and Im on the homescreen if I pull out my headphones out of the jack the iPhone decides that since im closed out of everything that could produce audio and that I pulled out the headphones it's as good a time as any to just randomly play music.

Is this a known issue? Seriously its the weirdest thing. It's always done it since I got my iPhone 3 weeks ago too. (brand new from ATT)

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I feel like this happened to me a lot more on my 2G. You might want to try a restore.

3. RiceRacerDX macrumors 6502

This happens to me sometimes as well. Actually, I've owned every gen iPhone and it has happened to me on all of them. However, with 3.0(.1), I find that I'm also running into the problem of inadvertently activating Voice Control.

Anyway, I don't think it's software, and I don't think a restore will fix it. I think that when you unplug the headphones from the jack, the headphone male end rubs against the headphone jack in such a way that it mimics the signals that the OEM headphone buttons make when you need to pause and start songs. Maybe that's the problem with having a headphone jack with 3 contact points instead of the traditional two?

4. Goodeye thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Ya it's annoying I always have to make sure I have my iTunes volume set to 0 before I pull my headphones out of 5 seconds later Ozzy Osborne is blasting in my cubicle lol