Unpredictable Boot Time

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by wittyphrase, Jan 13, 2017.

1. wittyphrase macrumors member

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and Macs in general so please be gentle. I purchased a new 2016 15" MBP and I'm noticing an odd issue when starting up the computer. The amount of time it takes to boot up seems to vary.

As examples of the spectrum, last night when I got home and started it up I was at the login screen in 14 seconds. This morning the loading bar got stuck halfway through the apple icon for about three or four minutes.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but the first version I purchased last week did not do this at all. That was the base model 15". I exchanged it for the Radeon 455 model (not sure how else to describe it). Is there something I might be doing that's causing the problem? Or is this totally normal and I'm being paranoid? Three minutes is not a long time, but it just seems odd that it would vary by more than a couple of seconds.

2. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Not normal, And this symptom could be software / hardware problem, may be quite hard to locate the problem source. By considering it's so new. I will contact Apple ask for a check / replacement.