unrar files from mac partition while in xp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by timestoby, Dec 31, 2008.

1. timestoby macrumors 6502

just wondering if its possible.or if i can move them from the mac partition to xp while in xp.

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I drag and drop RAR files into XP all the time. I use Parallels Desktop to run XP. I just drag the RAR file to the XP desktop.

3. finnschi macrumors 6502

Yea you can do this! I would think you use Bootcamp then?
    If you use Macdrive to access your Mac partition, just make sure you did a clean shutdown of OS X( same other way around)

On Paralels, its even easier! and it works as well! :rolleyes: (just don't unrar 1tb .. its going to be slow as hell if you don't have some crazy 8- core monster :eek:

:apple:

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you can read and write, you can do whatever the hell you want. I install all of my Windows games on my HFS+ formatted external hard drive, and I've never experienced any troubles.

5. timestoby thread starter macrumors 6502

i want to download 4.5gb files in osx then go to xp and unrar the file so i can put on a ntfs formatted drive. will this need a restart at all then. and wot about the external ntfs drive. how does the external drive react to being in osx then being in xp.

and parallels is best then?

ED>IT im using parallels now and i have copied a file from osx to xp with a drag and drop so i guess that answers my question. really neat stuff.