Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
When using the Gmail app, the counter says 63 unread mails, which is exactly how many unread mails I have when logging into Gmail web interface on the mac.
In iOS7 mail app, it says 65 unread mails. I also have my iCloud mail on my phone, but I've checked and there are no unread mails there. Where do those 2 extra mails come from ?

CHMK

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
When using the Gmail app, the counter says 63 unread mails, which is exactly how many unread mails I have when logging into Gmail web interface on the mac.
In iOS7 mail app, it says 65 unread mails. I also have my iCloud mail on my phone, but I've checked and there are no unread mails there. Where do those 2 extra mails come from ?

A bug similar to what I had. Fix it by disconnecting and reconnecting ur account on ur phone by going to settings-mail- delete account.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
Will it still sync Gmail when I erase the account and recreate it ? I thought Gmail syncing for iOS was no longer supported for 'new' devices ?

Nothlit

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
Will it still sync Gmail when I erase the account and recreate it ? I thought Gmail syncing for iOS was no longer supported for 'new' devices ?

"Google Sync" (setting up Gmail as an Exchange account) is no longer offered to new devices, but if you've previously had it set up on a device, you can turn it off and back on without consequence. Of course, if you set up Gmail as an IMAP or Gmail account (not Exchange) on your device, then this is not an issue at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.