Unread emails bug

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by davidra, Sep 26, 2013.

1. davidra macrumors 6502

A number of people have been having this problem. I ONLY have it with my Yahoo account, not with my Exchange account. I never had this problem prior to the upgrade.

Essentially, if you delete an email without opening it, it shows up as unread in terms of a badge notification, but not in the "unread" section. It also doesn't show up in the trash. The only way to get rid of the notification is to go to the inbox, mark all as "unread", then mark all as "read". After a few minutes the badge notification will go away. This is really annoying and definitely a new problem with iOS7. I think some people are having this problem with Gmail and Hotmail accounts as well. This needs to be fixed....

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Not just gmail, I'm having the issue with my IMAP and Exchange account as well. Not sure what's going on... it's not like email technology has changed at all in the last 10 years, lol

3. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

I've only ever heard people having this bug with POP mail accounts. And if you are using POP mail past the year 2000 you really should reconsider.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I tried adding exchange and imap independently to confirm it wasn't one or the other and they both suffer from the glitch. :-(

I agree with the POP mail tho... lol

5. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

i have this problem since beta 4

Attached Files:

6. davidra thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not just with POP accounts. My Yahoo account is IMAP. For some reason it seems to have improved somewhat in the past few days, without an update.

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

Strangely, I had this problem on 10.9 Mavericks but not iOS. Using a free google apps account.