Unreal Tournament 3 [PS3]

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Nov 24, 2007.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The PC review is up and it got good scores...The PS3 version should be similar just built for the console...should be a blast.

Just when I thought the season was finish...UT3 had to be released in December...No doubt a must buy.

40+ maps
    Game types
    Mods
    Weapon galore
    KB & Mouse support.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/837/837322p1.html

Bless

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So, a PC review but with PS3 in the title?

I'd love to get into a UT game, used to play UT99 so much. Couldn't get into 2003 or 2004. I can't even put my finger on why. Might give 3 a whirl if it runs on my iMac but I can't imagine it overtaking HL2:Deathmatch or TF2 for me.

3. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well I didn't say it was a PS3 review...I used the PC review for reference to the game in total and how it could be on the PS3.

I haven't played the game since UT99 but thats cool with me I catch on fast...the vehicles & guns interest me a lot and if I know UT the modes will be grand.

Bless

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Unreal Tournament was blast, much more so than the later releases for me, so I hope this one brings back that fun.

<]=)

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

The game looks sweet, I really like the addition of PC->Console mods.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm wondering if this game will be region locked online for ps3, or if it will be open allowing you to play USA/Europe as what takes your fancy.

I'll still pick this up though, because the one thing UT always seemed to get right is BOTS. So even when playing single player the game offers a good challenge and is great fun... (unlike WarHawk which I think is stupid/lazy for not having any bots)

7. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Do they still region lock them? I thought they open it up the community with all the games....online game(the ones I've played) on the PS3 is open now.

UT with a story mode...thats cool even if its just bots and a nice story to boot.

Bless

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah WarHawk is open, but Resistance & Motorstorm locked, so I'm not sure. I hope it will be open though. :)

9. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

So when I finally pick up WarHawk I can blow you out of the sky?

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That wouldn't be hard. I keep getting my ass kicked really badly on it. :D

11. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Resistance is open man...I've played on Europe/Japan servers a lot. I think all the games are open...COD4 is open as well..I just had a good CTF with some of my euro friends.

No doubt another purchase for me...I'm really hoping this be the last title until January seeing as Orange box is going to suck on PS3.

Bless

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Is it ? Must have been in one of those long updates. I updated it the other day but havent played it :rolleyes: doh!!

Glad they sorted that out though.

13. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well i would still wait for the ps3 release .. after all there are plenty of games which rock on console/PC and not really do the same on the other plattform

that said i wonder how they can cope with games with increased speed/turbo mode with a gamepad .. how is that supposed to work ?

for me it's a further reason to look forward to my new computer next year ... together with Empire: Total war

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Looks like getting the PS3 version this holiday season is going to be a bit touch & go.

It appears that they are only releasing 'limited quantities' if IGN are to believed.

Pre-order now I guess.

15. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well the game is being built up for the PS3 and not ported over so I'm thinking it will be on par with the PC. I wondering when they do open up the server for cross platform play what will they do about PCs running 20% faster than the PS3 version.

Bless