Unrecognized partition table when booting into Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by guru_ck, Nov 11, 2007.

1. guru_ck macrumors 6502

Hey All,

I installed Windows Vista through the Boot Camp tool in Leopard but I am getting the following error multiple times when booting into Windows:

Here is a link to a photo: http://pub.ck84.ws/bootcamp.jpg

I'd like to fix this without having to erase my data on my OS X partition.

2. guru_ck thread starter macrumors 6502

Found the solution on the Apple message board. You just need to download a program called "EasyBCD" and click the "Write MBR" button.

-Chris

3. c6638746 macrumors newbie

The same issue also occurs if a person is using the vista BIOS crack. Using EasyBCD takes care of the problem but removes the crack. Anybody really know how to get rid of these errors? They cause quite a bit of delay before vista will boot. It all works fine of course (vista and leopard).

-Mike

4. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Yeah, go out and buy Vista.:rolleyes:

5. c6638746 macrumors newbie

Vista is most likely going to be the modern day WindowsME. It's looking really bad for Microsoft and Vista. I use it because I need to know it good enough to support it (to the few folks that use it). For the junk that it is, it is extremely over priced and poorly designed. Do you know how many large cooporations are using it? Barely any and most don't plan to either. It's unfortunate but true.