Unreliable Enter Key on MBA 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by DistantOrigin, Oct 16, 2014.

1. DistantOrigin macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm an extremely heavy user of my MBA 2013 13". I've recently run into a problem with the keyboard. I type almost 12 hours a day, for work and programming. I am also a writer on the side. I'm a touch typist, meaning I type without looking at the keys amongst other things.
    Anyhow, my enter key has become rather unreliable. I do not eat or drink by my MBA, I do not do anything that would cause dust to get underneath the keys (except perhaps running a fan by my desk). However, if I do not press the enter key hard enough, or if I press the wrong "part" of the key (corners) it will not send it through. This would not be such a huge issue; I could just press it harder, but this is a hindrance since I type so much.
    Any advice? Is there any service that I could do to fix this issue. My MBA is still under warranty, but the Apple store is 45-60 minutes away.
    Thanks.

2. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

I would take it to the Apple store.
    It's most likely a hardware fault.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Once I did a 200 miles drive just to find the exact wheels I wanted on my skates.

No magic dude, unless there is an authorized apple depot closer.

4. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Talk to the Apple store, set up an appointment which fits your schedule, take a nice leisurely drive & get the issue fixed.

$0.02 worth.