Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
My mobileme has been very unreliable lately with pushing emails to my iphone 4. It seems like the only way to get it to work is by going into settings and toggling push off and on and then the emails come in (I can also get them to come in by opening the mail app but that kind of defeats the purpose of push). Anyone else having issues lately? I don't see any problems or outages being reported on the mobileme support page.

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
It has happened to me a couple of times the last month or so on my 3Gs, a bit annoying but not the end of the world.

For me however it started working again both times after clicking reload in the Mail app. Mails after that got pushed just fine.

pablos93

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2009
I hate that the status of read messages is not pushed to the iPhone...
I hope they fix it soon.

well.. it is pushed for all the messages except for the last one.

Last edited:

itickings

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
I hate that the status of read messages is not pushed to the iPhone...
I hope they fix it soon.

well.. it is pushed for all the messages except for the last one.

Never heard about that one before. Are you 100% sure it is actually marked as read in your other mail client?

On the Exchange account I've connected to my iPhone, the most recent message's status as read rarely gets pushed to the phone. Each and every time, this has been because it actually isn't marked as read in the client I use for Exchange and no iPhone bug. I need to first click on another e-mail on the computer before it is flagged as read... (and then it gets pushed as read of course)

iammike1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
O'fallon IL
Never heard about that one before. Are you 100% sure it is actually marked as read in your other mail client?

On the Exchange account I've connected to my iPhone, the most recent message's status as read rarely gets pushed to the phone. Each and every time, this has been because it actually isn't marked as read in the client I use for Exchange and no iPhone bug. I need to first click on another e-mail on the computer before it is flagged as read... (and then it gets pushed as read of course)

For Exchange you are correct. Unfortunately for MobileMe it is normal for it not to push the read status. Read status does not update on the mobile devices until it receives another pushed new mail or you refresh mail.

As much as I wish it worked like Exchange, this has been the way MM has worked since the introduced push.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.