Unreliable Spotlight Search

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sohanangal, Oct 20, 2015.

1. sohanangal macrumors member

Since upgrading to iOS 9.0 and further versions on my iPhone 5 and also on my new iPhone 6S, Spotlight seems to be acting up. It does not show a few contacts in it's search results, even though it displays the messages received from that contact. This is not an every time occurrence, but it works as per its whims and fancies. Is anyone else facing the same issue? What can be done about it? Wait for iOS 9.1?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You are not alone. I use keywords in the notes area of a contact aid in my searches and sometimes it will not find this contact where it always did prior to iOS9.

There is a glitch for sure.

3. sohanangal thread starter macrumors member

Good to know. Initially I thought there was something wrong when I upgraded the OS, but realized the problem is in the OS as the same thing happens on my 6S as well. Thanks!

I hope some of our developer friends report this to Apple.

4. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

You can always report the glitch. I think I've seen an address floating around somewhere for reporting bugs directly to Apple.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I did an Apple Bug Report and they told me it was a duplicate of another issue reported. No answer or anything, just a duplicate.:mad: