Unremovable sumdges on MBPr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FatGuy007, Oct 16, 2012.

1. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

I opened my laptop last Friday seeing these weird smudge, and lines. I just wiped my damp microfiber cloth with it, but it didn't remove. For the past week these smudges has been annoying me, and they have weird shapes, one is like a line other is like a diamond. extremely annoying in sunlight.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Do you have a question? When you say "I opened my laptop last Friday," were you saying that you had just received it? If you just received it and it has smudges, I'd contact Apple.

Here is how Apple suggests that you clean your MBP:

http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro/care/

Personally, I use the same cloth and spray to clean my MBP display as I use on my HDTV. It was cheap at a local store. Works great.

3. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, I meant when I opened it to use it. I've had it for. nearly 3 months.

4. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I'm kinda a germa phobe so every once in a while I just have to use a small amount of windex sprayed on a paper towel FIRST. As long as its not dripping or getting into crevices, I think it's ok.

5. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Id say it may be something on the Glass panel or something reflective if youre seeing diamond shapes in the display, can you see these both when the display is on and off? since its still under warranty you can get the the display replaced easily and quickly.

never use windex on the glass, the ammonia will cause damage to the thin layer of glass over time. use iclear or damp watered clothe to clean.

6. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

cool, I'll look into iclear. I only use the windex about 5 times a year. You'd have to wipe the screen with it almost daily to wear off coating.

7. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Not good.

You may want to reconsider your technique my friend:

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-can-i-clean-a-laptop-screen.htm

8. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Sounded like OP had some serious crud on their computer. I'm not advocating this as the best alternative but its not going to hurt if its done in very limited instances. Especially if you dont want to wait a couple days for microfiber cloth and electronic spray.

9. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what it looks like in the sunlight, i wiped it completely at least 3 times. I used napkins, microfiber cloth with damp water, should I use a lens cleaner?

Attached Files:

10. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh and I did not drop it once, it's been jumping from desk and couch. I use sleeves once and a while.

11. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Animals?

Do you have a dog, a ranch with horses or an elephant with you, do you breath heavily while eating steaks at your computer, the steam can do crazy things to screens? I ask because that looks the same as my friend Gwenda's, she has a ranch, her animals love to lick those screens, A LOT! Also, do you know if you have black mold in the house anywhere, they spread onto other surfaces and you see them best if they start to spread to glass surfaces. Personally I think it's those Chinese who can't stop eating shark fin soup, even though sharks are now on the endangered list moving on to extinction, so they may have burped some onto the screen while assembling that one. Just saying. Don't let them fish any more sharks out of the ocean. They should not work near computer if they do eat shark fin soup.