Unrendered error in Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rigelisonfire, Jul 29, 2009.

1. rigelisonfire macrumors newbie

rigelisonfire

So I am running Final Cut Express. I just got the program and when I go to preview what is in my timeline all I see in the playback is an imagine that reads Unrendered. I thought at first it was some default image but it wasn't. I have tried changing a few simple settings and done all the tutorials on apple's site to see if I have missed something simple. I am very new to video editing and so I am kind of a noob. Any help or advice would be great.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

MRoogle for search for similar topics: http://mroogle.*************/

As far as I can tell from that little information you give, you have videos imported that don't match the Sequence Settings.

for example, you have a 640x480 video file, encoded with .h264 and AAC, but the sequence is set to DV-PAL, which means, that your video needs to meet the sequence requirements to be properly played back. DV-PAL needs 720x576 footage, with 25fps and should be encoded with a DV codec.

Have a look at the manual to properly use the timeline and media files together.

3. TheVidEditor macrumors regular

TheVidEditor

To view that sequence you need to render it, by clicking sequence, render all and then click both. what editing system are you using?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But rendering won't solve the problem, as soon as s/he moves the clip, it needs to be re-rendered.

Sequence settings and clip settings should correspond with each other, and used clips should be as compression-less as it gets, and AAC is not not compressed. Audio should be really uncompressed, as it really takes next to nothing in bytes, compared to video of course. One minute of uncompressed (PCM) audio will take around 10MB with two channels at 16bit and 48kHz.