Unrendered video in FCE?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by macsr4all, May 21, 2007.

1. macsr4all macrumors member

so i too went through the hassle of converting all my Everio HDD video files to DV-NTSC so I could edit them in Final cut express. Now that it recognizes the files i can import them into the program.

I have a problem again though. I can view the files fine on the "Viewer" window, but when I play them in the "Canvas" The video feed reads "unrendered." I can hear the video fine, i just can't see it.

Any help?

Doug.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Your clip settings and sequence settings don't match. Is your sequence a standard DV NTSC sequence? How did you go about transcoding the Everio files?

Lethal

3. macsr4all thread starter macrumors member

I had to purchase a converter from the apple website. I was originally told i could just use the MPEG_Streamclip, but my files were in MPEG2. I could here the clips but i couldn't see it. So when I go the MPEG2 streamclip i exported them to quicktime and it asks what you wat to convert them to. I conveted them to the DV NTSC format so FCE could read it.

Worked fine for me...it's a lot of hoops to jump through, but you can get it done. if you have more questions on how I'll try to help you.

BTW I was able to render the video clip. I'm still learning how to use all this.

Doug.