unresponsive iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashjamben, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

sometimes, like when trying to text and searching through contacts, it feels like its lagging. it'll take a few seconds for the contact list to start scrolling and when i'm texting i'll tap a letter n it'll take a few seconds for it to recognise i've tapped it.

anyone else?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

3. bluelondon macrumors regular

this problem, as we say in london, is standard procedure

4. ashjamben thread starter macrumors 6502a

so it's not something that can be repaired? or warrant a replacement?

also, maps keep 'crashing' and just quitting randomly and going to the home screen. i'll search that one though ;)

5. 3badjacksfan macrumors member

3badjacksfan

3 Times Faster? Correction: twice as slow! Is 2.0 the problem?

I'm having the same slow-opening situation on my new 3G. But I first noticed it when I upgraded to 2.0 on my first generation (day1) iPhone. That iPhone was very quick when opening Contacts, Maps, Text, everything, but as soon as I got 2.0, it ALL slowed down. I never put any outside apps on it, it was "au natural" just running the "STOCK" apps that came with it since day1.

Basically, my Day1 iPhone worked great for me. Then, after installing 2.0 onto that same phone, with all the same settings, contacts, songs, and syncings, that same iPhone became twice as slow. Then the iPhone 3G is advertised as faster, so ever faithful to Apple, I buy it (twice, -cringe- cuz I lost the first 3G), and it's plagued with the same slowness with STOCK apps.

If you ask me, Apple should go back and see what made that earlier program so much faster than 2.0.

2.02 hasn't helped (me) either. My new 3G, with the 2.02 upgrade still has that same slow stock app problem, along with:
    -cell reception that goes from FULL BARS to NO SERVICE without moving the phone an inch (in an ATT touted "excellent coverage" area of Los Angeles)
    -constant dropped calls (my ancient 2000 Nokia was better!)
    -crashing STOCK apps (Maps, Contacts, You Tube, things installed by Apple, not iTunes add-on apps)
    -but, yeah, crashing iTunes apps, too
    -forget about any 3G connections (and remember, I'm in LA, should have great access to 3G!)
    -now, lucky me, the iPhone froze up during a You Tube video and wouldn't respond to anything, including plugging it into recharge, for an hour.

Sorry to expand my rant, but you see,
    while I'm dying to love my iPhone 3G, my iPhone 3G is just dying.

6. ribenaberrie macrumors member

Just reboot it and it should be fine. :rolleyes:

I have 3 apps installed on my phone. Most of the time its fast, responsive, not laggy at all. Once in a while, it does start to lag and the keyboard is slow. I just reboot it and the problem goes away.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.0.2 JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Yup. Your iPhone is functioning exactly as Apple intended.

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

go try to return it so people can laugh and point

its a common problem, hopefully fixed in an update